Matthew B. Beidleman, MD is the newest member of our Andrews Sports Medicine team of doctors.
Dr. Beidleman is a 2020-21 graduate of Andrews Sports Medicine's primary care sports medicine fellowship program, accredited by the American Sports Medicine Institute (ASMI).
As a fellowship-trained, non-surgical sports medicine physician, Dr. Beidleman treats patients of all ages and activity levels, including sports-related injuries and non-sports-related musculoskeletal conditions, including osteoarthritis. In addition, Dr. Beidleman serves as McAdory High School's team physician.
Born and raised in Homewood, Alabama, Dr. Beidleman is a proud graduate of Homewood High School, The University of Alabama, and The University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham. He completed his family medicine residency at the University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine at UT Medical Center in Knoxville, TN, where he was elected to serve as Chief Resident in his third year. Following residency, Dr. Beidleman was honored to come back home to Birmingham to complete a one-year, primary care sports medicine fellowship at Andrews Sports Medicine.
With a focus on non-surgical sports medicine and orthopaedics, Dr. Beidleman is well-versed in managing various conditions such as fractures, utilizing orthobiologics for treatment, and employing diagnostic and interventional ultrasound techniques to provide accurate diagnoses and targeted interventions. With a passion for helping individuals overcome acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, Dr. Beidleman provides comprehensive care to patients of all ages and activity levels.
Dr. Beidleman is deeply committed to staying updated with the latest advancements in sports medicine and maintains an active involvement in professional organizations. By continuously expanding their knowledge and skills, Dr. Beidleman ensures that their patients receive the most effective and evidence-based treatments available.
In his free time, Dr. Beidleman enjoys cheering on his alma mater, the Crimson Tide, in most any sport and spending time with his wife, Kate, and their golden retriever, Franklin.
Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship:
American Sports Medicine Institute (ASMI) - (Birmingham, AL)
Family Medicine Residency:
University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine (Knoxville, TN)
University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL)
University of Alabama - Bachelors of Science, Physiology and Biology (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- 06/2019 – 06/2020 Chief Resident, University of Tennessee Family Medicine Department, Knoxville, TN.
- 06/2018 – 06/2019 Recruiting Chief Resident, University of Tennessee Family Medicine Department, Knoxville, TN.
- 05/2011 Outstanding Sophomore, Order of Omega Senior Honorary, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- 05/2010 Outstanding Freshman, Order of Omega Senior Honorary, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- 08/2009 – 05/2013 University Fellow, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- 05/2009 Winton M. Blount Endowed Scholar, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- 05/2009 Academic Elite Presidential Scholarship, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- 05/2008 Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America.