WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU STAND UP TO NECK AND BACK PAIN
At The Spine Center at Andrews Sports Medicine, interventional spine specialist, Charles T. Carnel, MD, and spine surgeons, Andrew M. Cordover, MD and Daniel C. Kim, MD take a team approach to diagnose and identify the best form of treatment for spine injuries, disorders, and chronic conditions based on each patient’s unique situation.
Our team of experts are accustomed to treating the most common neck and spine injuries and conditions ranging from compression fractures, herniated discs, myelopathy, spinal fractures, spondylosis, and sports-related spinal injuries to degenerative spine diseases like degenerative disc disease, sciatica and spinal stenosis.
Charles T. Carnel, MD is an interventional spine specialist and is the non-surgical physician that oversees all spine care, specifically the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar areas of the spine. Dr. Carnel treatment plans include x-ray guided spinal injections, nerve ablations, kyphoplasty, in-office musculoskeletal injections, spinal cord stimulators, and clinic injections that sometimes include an ultrasound or trigger points.
If Dr. Carnel determines that a surgical approach may be a better treatment path for a patient, he consults with our orthopaedic spine surgeons, Andrew M. Cordover, MD and Daniel C. Kim, MD.
Dr. Daniel C. Kim was the first spine surgeon in Birmingham, Alabama to offer endoscopic spine surgery - an advanced, state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive surgery designed to provide patients with a quicker recovery and less recurring pain than traditional methods.
When necessary, we coordinate with other trusted providers, such as pain management, neurology and physical therapists, to help you recover faster and return to your sport, activity or passion as quickly and safely as possible.
The Spine Center at Andrews Sports Medicine provides the most-advanced, comprehensive treatment solutions for injuries and disorders of the spine. To schedule an appointment, call (205) 939-3699.
Request an Appointment Online
Conditions We Treat
Our team of experts are extensively experienced with spine issues of all kinds, including:
- Compression fracture of the spine
- Degenerative disc disease
- Facet joint disorder
- Herniated disc
- Piriformis syndrome
- Scoliosis and Spinal Deformities
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Myelopathy
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spondylolysis/lumbar stress reaction
- Sports-Related Spinal Injuries
- Spinal Tumors
Treatments We Offer
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)
- Cervical arthroplasty
- Cervical disc replacement
- Posterior cervical decompression and fusion
- Cervical fusions
- Disc Replacement
- Endoscopic discectomy
- Endoscopic decompression
- Flatback correction
- Lateral thoracic interbody fiusion
- Lateral lumbar interbody fusion (XLIF, DLIF,OLIF)
- Lumbar corpectomy
- Lumbar fusions
- Lumbar osteotomy
- Minimally-invasive lumbar decompression
- Minimally-invasive lumbar discectomy
- Motion preserving posterior cervical procedures:
- Minimally-invasive posterior decompression (Laminoforaminotomy)
- Physical therapy
- Posterior thoracic fusion
- Prone transposas lumbar interbody fusion (PTP)
- Robotic assisted spinal surgery (Mazor)
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint fusion
- Scheuermann's kyphosis correction
- Scoliosis correction
- Stereotactic navigation assisted surgery (Stealth navigation)
- Synovial cyst excision
- Thoracic corpectomy
- Thoracic decompression
- Thoracic discectomy
- Thoracic osteotomy
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF,PLIF)
If you’re suffering from neck pain or back pain, don’t
ignore it any longer — call us at (205) 939-3699 or request an
appointment using our online form.
Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center provides state-of-the-art treatment for neck pain and back pain in AL.