- Patient Resources
- Scheduling An Appointment
- Registering Prior To Your Appointment
- Patient Portal
- Appointment Policies
- Referrals, Workers' Comp & Litigation
- Financial Information
- Preparing For Your Office Visit
- Preparing For Your Surgery or Procedure
- Share Your Medical Images With Andrews Sports Medicine
- Travel & Area Information
- Online Bill Pay
- Medical Records
- Injury Prevention
- Purchase Andrews Sports Medicine Gear
Accepted Insurance Plans
Our participation with insurance plans is regularly reviewed and changed. We recommend that you contact your insurance carrier directly to verify your coverage prior to making an appointment. You will be responsible for any expenses not covered by your insurance.
Please Note: Provider participation in an insurance plan is at the physician level, not the group level. So while most Andrews Sports Medicine physicians participate with the following plans, some may not. Please call our office with any questions.
The following list includes the major insurance plans with which Andrews Sports Medicine currently participates:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama Medicare Advantage Plans
- Standard Medicare Part B
- Railroad Medicare
- VivaHealth (Note: Viva has certain closed-panel plans that restrict patient access to specific providers. Call Viva to check your plan.
- VivaHealth Medicare (Call Viva to verify your plan's status with us.)
- Tricare (Standard, Prime, Extra and For-Life)
- Aetna (PPO Networks)
- Cigna (PPO Networks)
- United Healthcare (PPO Networks)
- Health Choice (Alabama)
If you do not find your plan listed, please call our office or your insurance carrier to see if we are a participating provider with your plan.
Submitting a Claim to Insurance
For patients who have insurance from one of our participating insurance carriers, Andrews Sports Medicine will submit all claims and necessary supporting documentation on your behalf.
Deductibles & Co-Payments
Most insurance policies today include provisions for out-of-pocket deductibles and co-payments. A deductible is a pre-determined amount of money for which you are responsible before your insurance benefits kick in. A co-payment is a flat rate you are expected to pay up-front for specific services, and does not count toward your deductible.
The amount of your deductible and/or co-payment will vary based on your plan. Any co-payment required by your plan will be collected at the time of your visit. Payments may be made by cash, personal check (no greater than $200), VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card.